Say hello to all of your favorite summer scents - simplified! Diffuse it, roll it, spray it - no matter how you use these combinations you're gonna love them!
You can use these same recipes as a diffuser blend, a 10mL roller blend or a 2oz spray. For the diffuser blends, follow recipes as written below. For a spray, use the same oils but have a total of 20-25 drops in a 2oz bottle. First add the essential oils, then add splash of witch hazel and fill with water. If you want a larger spray bottle, simply double the amounts. For roller blends, have the total drops of oils around 30-40. First add essential oils to the bottle, then add carrier of choice.
SIMPLIFIED SUMMER RECIPES
Tropical Oasis 5 drops Tropical Tango + 3 drops Vanilla + 3 drops Lavender
Drinks by the Pool 5 drops Orange Creamsicle + 4 drops Stress Away + 2 drops Lime
Tan Lines 6 drops Seaside + 3 drops Lavender + 2 drops Peppermint
Salt & Sand 4 drops Seaside + 3 drops Spearmint + 3 drops Lemongrass + 2 drops Lavender
Polka Dot Bikini 4 drops Orange Creamsicle + 3 drops Grapefruit + 3 drops Lime + 2 drops Lemon
On Island Time 5 drops Tropical Tango + 3 drops Idaho Blue Spruce + 2 drops Lime
These recipes all feature the three oils in the Simplified Summer collection:
- Tropical Tango essential oil blend: coconut, orange and ylang ylang
- Has a sweet, uplifting aroma
- Creates a bright, blissful, and enlivening environment
- Transforms your space into a tropical oasis
- Orange Creamsicle essential oil blend: orange, bergamot and vanilla
- Has a creamy, citrusy scent
- Creates an invigorating, cheerful environment
- Transforms your space into a poolside paradise
- Seaside essential oil blend: citrus, cypress and sage
- Has a cool, breezy aroma
- Creates a fresh, soothing environment
- Transforms your space into a beachside sanctuary
These sugar scrub cubes are convenient, easy and fun to make, and a lovely gift! Plus, the ingredients are healthy and good for your skin - especially if the summer heat or winter cold has your skin feeling dry. Try the oils listed below or substitute any combinations of your own to make these unique and customized.
Recipe adapted from Hello Glow
DIY Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Medium bowl
- Silicone mold or ice cube tray
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces melt-and-pour soap
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Essential oils, dried herbs, or coffee grounds as desired (see below)
- Place the coconut oil and melt-and-pour soap in separate bowls. Heat in a double boiler or microwave on high in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each, until completely melted.
- Pour sugar into a medium sized bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and soap.
- Add in essential oils, dried herbs or coffee grounds of your choosing and stir to combine.
- Quickly pour the mixture into a mold and let it solidify. Putting it in the freezer for 20 minutes will help!
- Remove from the molds and place in a glass jar.
- To use, simply take a cube into the shower with you and break up with your hands slightly. Wet the mixture ever so slightly, then scrub away!
Here are some of our favorite scent combinations:
- 1/4 cup ground coffee + 5 drops Vanilla Oleoresin +/- 3 drops Peppermint (optional)
- 1½ Tbsp dried rose petals + 1 teaspoon beet root powder + 15 drops Myrrh + 10 drops Lavender
- 1½ Tbsp dried lavender flowers + 15 drops Ylang ylang + 10 drops Idaho Blue Spruce
- 1 Tbsp dried chamomile blossoms + 10 drops Roman Chamomile + 5 drops Patchouli +/- 5 drops Bergamot (optional)
- 1 Tbsp dried heather blossoms + 15 drops Grapefruit +/- 10 drops Vanilla, Lavender or Tangerine (optional) + natural food coloring
It is officially summer, and we are here for the long, lazy days. But just because we're choosing intentional rest, that doesn't mean that we are letting our wellness routines go. In fact, we're using the time to reup our knowledge with a pseudo summer school. Jump into summer with intentional habits and these favorite products!
- Lavender Foaming Hand Soap: For fresh, clean hands. $12.25
- Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend: A bright, happy blend. $16.50
- Master Formula: Your daily multivitamin. $85.25
- Lavender Essential Oil: A versatile favorite for just about anything! $25.25
- Peppermint Essential Oil: A summer must-have. $23
- Rose Ointment: A versatile ointment for first aid and dry skin! $25.50
Lavender Foaming Hand Soap
Formulated with gentle, plant-based ingredients and infused with the fresh, floral scent of Lavender premium essential oil, Lavender Foaming Hand Soap lathers and conditions for clean and soft hands. We have one at every sink!
Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend
Citrus Fresh essential oil blend combines cold-pressed oils of Orange, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Tangerine, and Lemon with a touch of sharp Spearmint for a bright and uplifting experience. This is one of our favorite blends to create a lively, creative environment and cleanses the air of unwanted odors.
Master Formula is YL's multivitamin - a full-spectrum supplement that provides vitamins and minerals that can help support bone density and health, brain function, cellular protection, digestive health, energy levels, eye health, heart health, immune support, and skin health.
Lavender Essential Oil
Considered the panacea of aromatherapy, Lavender essential oil has endless uses. In addition to its tranquil aroma, Lavender provides many skin care benefits when applied topically. It is one of our most used oils!
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil has an invigorating aroma that can be diffused to create an environment conducive to work or study or applied topically to cool muscles following physical activity or time in the sun. This is another of our most used oils!
Gentle enough for everyday use, Rose Ointment is formulated for sensitive skin and uses 100 percent plant-based and naturally derived ingredients. Ultra-versatile and easy to use, it seals moisture into skin and is perfect for use on lips, cuticles, elbows, knees, and wherever you have dry skin!
SUMMERTIME SELF-CARE DIY Summer Glow Serum Ditch all the other moisturizers and serums because this one is the game-changer! Apply morning and evening for healthy, glowing skin. (PS - CBD Beauty Boost has been nicknamed ‘Botox in a Bottle', so you know it's good!)
- 2oz glass dropper bottle
- 10 dropperfuls CBD Beauty Boost
- 40 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- Optional: 20 drops Blue Tansy Essential Oil
- Carrier of choice: argan oil (great for dry skin), jojoba oil (good for all skin types), rose hip oil (for all skin types)
DIY Vitamin C Facial Toner Vitamin C and Geranium are a dynamic duo when it comes to brightening the skin. Try out this simple toner as we head into the summer!
- 2oz glass dropper bottle
- 1&1/2 tsp Organic vitamin C powder
- 5 drops Geranium essential oil
- 3 Tbsp distilled water
- Splash alcohol-free witch hazel (optional for more oil-prone skin)
- Mix vitamin C powder into the water until dissolved, then add Geranium and top with a splash of witch hazel (optional). Use morning and evening or as desired.
- Store up to 2 weeks at room temperature or longer in the fridge.
Moisturizing Oatmeal Soak Sun and wind and heat can leave the skin needing a little extra moisture. Give your skin (and your whole self!) some TLC with a long, luxurious soak with these simple but effective ingredients.
- 1 cup organic oats, ground
- ¼ cup organic powdered milk (or coconut milk) (or goat milk)
- 1 Tbsp liquid castile soap
- 2 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 10 drops each Frankincense, Cedarwood OR use the YL Dry Skin Serum
- (Optional) 5 drops Helichrysum
- Sit and soak for 30 minutes or as long as desired.
Summertime and beach trips are synonymous, and we are ready for all the sunshine and sand! Here's what we're packing in our beach bags this year….
- NingXia Red packets: freeze them overnight for a slushie-like treat
- Lavender Lemonade Vitality Drops: to keep us hydrated
- Thieves Hand Sanitizer & Spray: for clean hands, e-readers, toys, phones, etc!
- Lavender Lip Balm: great for lips, cheeks, noses and makes a great carrier stick too!
- Einkorn Granola: for a tasty, healthy snack
- Seedlings Baby Wipes: for clean hands, even in the sand!
- Quick tip!! Easily remove all the sand from everyone's feet, legs, and hands with Seedlings Baby Wipes! We keep a pack in each bag for easy sand removal and clean, fresh hands!