Vanilla is such a warm, inviting and happy oil. It has a luxuriously rich, slightly sweet scent that enhances the experience of virtually every other essential oil, both when used topically or aromatically!
VANILLA AT A GLANCE
- Has a warm, rich, slightly sweet aroma
- Can be diffused or applied topically to create a warm and tranquil environment
- Can be applied directly to the skin or added to your favorite hair and body care products
- Blends beautifully with essential oils and carrier oils for diffusion and topical application
Vanilla extract is widely used in baking, perfume manufacturing and even aromatherapy, but many people don’t realize the array of health benefits that come from using vanilla oil, even though it is not technically an essential oil. Young Living’s Vanilla oleoresin is unique. It has an incredible scent and some wonderful health benefits!
- Contains antioxidant properties
- Supports healthy hormone levels
- Supports mood and lifts the spirit
- May help support healthy blood pressure levels
- Supports the immune system
- Assists with stress relief and calming the mind
BACKGROUND Vanilla is produced from Vanilla planifolia, an orchid that grows long bean pods. The process of obtaining Vanilla is extensive, as it can take up to four years for the vine to mature. The vine produces orchid blossoms that bloom for only 24 hours and must be pollinated by hand within 8−12 hours for the bean pod to grow. The entire process—growing, pollinating, drying, curing, and preparing for export—takes about one year. Who knew?
Young Living’s Vanilla is not strictly an extract or an absolute, both of which contain mostly alcohol and do not blend well with essential oils. Noticing these flaws in mainstream vanilla extracts and absolutes, the D. Gary Young Research Institute worked to find a vanilla product that would meet the Seed to Seal quality commitment and blend well with our essential oils. The result is a first-of-its-kind extraction method that yields a Vanilla oleoresin in fractionated coconut oil that diffuses and blends beautifully with essential oils. SUCH a huge win for us!
KEY CONSTITUENTS Constituents are naturally occurring compounds in plants (and therefore essential oils) that give them specific health-supporting properties
- Vanillin: Studies have shown vanillin to have powerful antioxidant properties, to support the body’s response to inflammation and possibly help fight infection.
DAILY HABITS WITH VANILLA:
- Add Vanilla to your perfume rollers as a low note to add warmth.
- Geranium, Neroli, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Vanilla, Orange
- Vanilla, Lavender, Frankincense
- Northern Lights Black Spruce, Vanilla, Tangerine, Bergamot, Geranium
- Valor, Vanilla, Frankincense, Tangerine
- Neroli, Jasmine, Vanilla
- Diffuse Vanilla for a warm, welcoming aroma. Pair with citrus, spice oils, tree oils or virtually anything!
- Add a few drops of Vanilla to yarn-wrapped pine cones for a scented fire starter.
- Drop Vanilla onto porous festive decor!
- Apply it to your neck or wrists to create a soft, sweet personal fragrance
- Use this Candy Cane Lip Scrub daily for a little self love:
- 5 drops Peppermint
- 5 drops Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- Whip coconut oil with a mixer, then add in sugar and essential oils and mix again. Store in a glass jar.
- Apply nightly to lips in a circular motion. Wipe off with a dry towel.
- Take a relaxing bath. Add 10 drops each Vanilla + Lavender to 1 cup epsom salt and place under warm running water.
- Add it to your bath and body products for a sweet, comforting aromatic experience.
- Whip up a simple room spray:
- 2oz glass spray bottle
- 20 drops Vanilla
- 10 drops Peppermint or Cinnamon Bark or 15 drops Lavender
- Splash witch hazel
- Fill with filtered water
- Make this Creamsicle Body Polish for yourself and as a gift:
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Vitamin E oil
- 3 drops each Vanilla, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a metal or glass container, use in the shower to exfoliate & moisturize!
- Make (and gift!) this Whipped Chocolate Body Butter:
- 1/4 Cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 cup pure organic shea butter
- 1/8 cup raw cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon Vitamin E oil
- 10 drops Vanilla oil per jar
- Optional: 5 drops Peppermint per jar for a Mint Mocha flavor
- Small glass jars
- Melt together coconut oil, shea butter and cocoa butter, then add in vitamin E oil and whisk.
- Refrigerate until almost half solidified, then use a mixer to whip for 1 to 2 minutes until a fluffy consistency is achieved.
- Add in essential oils then place in glass jars.
DIFFUSE: Diffusing is a wonderful health habit! We have our diffuser going almost 24/7 and love to choose blends that are supportive of individual needs or systems. Try some of these great combinations and enjoy the warm, welcoming scent of Vanilla!
- Vanilla Spice: 4 drops Vanilla, 2 drops Cinnamon Bark, 2 drops Clove, 2 drops Tangerine
- Creamsicle: 4 drops Vanilla, 3 drops Tangerine, 3 drops Lavender
- Cozy Kitchen: 6 drops Lemon, 3 drops Vanilla, 2 drops Rosemary
- Carrot Cake: 2 drops each Vanilla, Clove, Lemon, Carrot Seed
- Seaside Breeze: 3 drops Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, 3 drops Vanilla, 2 drops Lavender, 1 drop Frankincense