These sugar scrub cubes are convenient, easy and fun to make, and a lovely gift! Plus, the ingredients are healthy and good for your skin - especially if the summer heat or winter cold has your skin feeling dry. Try the oils listed below or substitute any combinations of your own to make these unique and customized.
Recipe adapted from Hello Glow
DIY Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Medium bowl
- Silicone mold or ice cube tray
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces melt-and-pour soap
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Essential oils, dried herbs, or coffee grounds as desired (see below)
- Place the coconut oil and melt-and-pour soap in separate bowls. Heat in a double boiler or microwave on high in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each, until completely melted.
- Pour sugar into a medium sized bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and soap.
- Add in essential oils, dried herbs or coffee grounds of your choosing and stir to combine.
- Quickly pour the mixture into a mold and let it solidify. Putting it in the freezer for 20 minutes will help!
- Remove from the molds and place in a glass jar.
- To use, simply take a cube into the shower with you and break up with your hands slightly. Wet the mixture ever so slightly, then scrub away!
Here are some of our favorite scent combinations:
- 1/4 cup ground coffee + 5 drops Vanilla Oleoresin +/- 3 drops Peppermint (optional)
- 1½ Tbsp dried rose petals + 1 teaspoon beet root powder + 15 drops Myrrh + 10 drops Lavender
- 1½ Tbsp dried lavender flowers + 15 drops Ylang ylang + 10 drops Idaho Blue Spruce
- 1 Tbsp dried chamomile blossoms + 10 drops Roman Chamomile + 5 drops Patchouli +/- 5 drops Bergamot (optional)
- 1 Tbsp dried heather blossoms + 15 drops Grapefruit +/- 10 drops Vanilla, Lavender or Tangerine (optional) + natural food coloring