Fill your diffuser with Vanilla & Christmas Spirit and grab a mug of peppermint cocoa because it’s time to get festive!
No matter what holiday (if any!) you celebrate this time of year, these fun and festive recipes, DIYs and diffuser blends are certain to create a cozy, welcoming winter home. Doing some gifting? We have some great handmade gift ideas for you, too!
Under The Mistletoe Breath Spray
This little bottle will be your mistletoe BFF!! Perfect to pack in your purse, backpack or even stash in your car, this simple breath spray will have your breath feeling fresh whenever you need it!
- 10mL glass spray bottle
- 3 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil
- 2 drops Spearmint Vitality essential oil
- 1 tsp Thieves Mouthwash, optional
- Filtered water
- Add all ingredients into a spray bottle and shake well. Spritz into your mouth as desired!
Candy Cane Lip Scrub
This simple lip scrub is perfect for all your mistletoe moments this season!
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops Vanilla oleoresin
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil*
Combine essential oils and coconut oil, then add in sugar. Apply nightly to lips in a circular motion. Wipe off with a dry towel. Store in a glass jar!
*To make this extra special and creamy, whip the coconut oil in a stand mixer or handheld mixer until it is fluffy!
Winter Nights Holiday Body Scrub
If the North pole had a signature scent, this would be it! This simple DIY leaves your skin silky smooth and its dreamy winter scent is perfect for the season. Make it for yourself or package it up with a cute ribbon and gift it to a friend!
- 1/4 cup organic fractionated coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 15 drops Winter Nights essential oil blend
- 10 drops Vanilla oleoresin
Mix Winter Nights & Vanilla with fractionated coconut oil in a glass container, then add organic cane sugar to the bowl and stir until combined.
To use, massage into skin in a circular motion and rinse well. After exfoliating, moisturize with Young Living’s Winter Nights Hand and Body Lotion.
Peppermint Latte Coffee Scrub
This simple DIY is always a crowd pleaser and is great for winter hands, especially when followed with the Very Vanillamint Body Butter.
- 1 cup organic ground coffee
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops Vanilla oleoresin (or EOs of choice - Cardamom, Thieves, etc.)
- Small glass jar(s)
Mix coffee grounds and sugar together, then add melted coconut oil and essential oils. Mix well and place in a glass jar. Top with burlap and tie with twine and a sprig of fresh rosemary for a festive gift!
Vanillamint Body Butter
There really is no substitute for the Very Vanillamint Set from Young Living, but if you missed the ordering deadline this DIY is your next best bet!
- 8-12 ounce glass container
- 1/2 cup solid refined, organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic mango butter (or a mix of shea butter and mango butter)
- 1/2 cup organic jojoba oil
- 5 drops Spearmint essential oil
- 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops Vanilla essential oil
Place coconut oil and shea butter in a bowl and whip with a handheld or stand mixer until fluffy and smooth. Slowly add in the jojoba oil, then the essential oils, mixing as you add. Whip for about five minutes or so. The longer you mix, the fluffier it will become!
Easy DIY Bath Bombs
If you missed out on the new Sweet Maple and KidScents Bath Bombs or want to DIY-it for a custom scent, this recipe is for you!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 2 Tbsp epsom salts
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 20-30 drops essential oil(s) of choice*
- 1 tsp water or more if necessary
- Silicone molds or large ice cream scoop
In a large bowl combine baking soda, citric acid, and epsom salts. Stir well. In a smaller bowl combine coconut oil and essential oil. Slowly whisk wet ingredients into dry. It should reach a crumbly consistency.
Your mixture is ready when you can mold it into a shape and it sticks without coming apart. If it is too crumbly, add in water, 1 tsp at a time. Mixture should be dry but able to hold a shape. To shape your bath bombs either pack them into your molds or a large ice cream scoop. Leave in the molds overnight, then remove carefully and place on a baking sheet to dry.
Oil pairing ideas: Peppermint + Vanilla, Lavender + Peppermint, Lavender + Vanilla, Eucalyptus + Lemon, Believe + Vanilla, Gratitude + Tangerine
DIY Room Sprays
This simple DIY will make your home feel cozy and makes a lovely gift paired with a fresh rosemary plant, festive dish towel, Winter Nights Foaming Hand Soap or a fresh fir wreath!
- Winter Solstice: 10 drops each Thieves + Idaho Blue Spruce + Vanilla
- Holly Jolly: 10 drops each Tangerine + Christmas Spirit or Winter Nights
- Silent Night: 10 drops each Lavender + Frankincense + Valor
- Baking Cookies: 10 drops each Thieves + Vanilla
- Frosted Forest: 10 drops Idaho Blue Spruce + 5 drops each Pine + Cedarwood + Peppermint
- Twisted Peppermint: 10 drops each Peppermint + Vanilla + Ylang Ylang
Add essential oils to a 2oz glass spray bottle, add a splash of witch hazel & top with water! Spritz on all the things!
Winter Wonderland Tree Spray
Here is a spray that you can spritz on your trees, garlands (fresh or artificial!) and stockings to make things smell festive and cozy.
To 2oz spray bottle, add:
- 20 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce
- 10 drops of Cedarwood
- 7 drops of Orange
- 5 drops of Cinnamon
Fill the bottle with witch hazel, vodka or water and shake before each spray. Spritz everywhere for a festive tree scent.
DIY Chai Spice & Candy Cane Forest Hand Soaps
We can't get enough of creating custom hand soap scents. These are a fun way to cozy up your home, make great host gifts and are simple to whip up to accompany the changing of the seasons - Chai Spice is lovely for the Thanksgiving season and Candy Cane Forest is wonderful for winter or holidays!
Foaming hand soap bottle or recycle a YL one!
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Castile Soap
- 20 drops essential oils*
- 1 tsp Vitamin E oil
Add essential oils, Vitamin E oil and Castile Soap to the bottle, then top with water leaving 1" at the top
- Chai Spice: 6 drops Cardamom + 4 drops Cinnamon Bark + 4 drops Clove + 4 drops Ginger + 2 Vanilla
- Candy Cane Forest: 10 drops Peppermint + 5 drops Vanilla + 5 drops Ylang Ylang
Holiday Spice Wool Dryer Balls
There's something about the smell of warm fresh laundry fresh from the dryer - especially when combining Thieves Laundry Soap and essential oil infused wool dryer balls!
Organic wool dryer balls
Essential oils of choice: Christmas Spirit, Peppermint + Vanilla, Cinnamon Bark + Orange, Stress Away + Peppermint, Cardamom & Orange
Add 4-5 drops of essential oils to each dryer ball.
Let the dryer balls air dry for about an hour or to speed up the process you can dry them alone. This will allow the oil to absorb into the wool and not transfer to your clothes. When it's time to dry your clothes - toss the dryer balls into the dryer with your clothing. Refresh the oils every 4-5 loads or more often if you prefer a stronger scent.
Scented Holiday Cards
This simple holiday hack will give your family and friends (and your post carrier!) an instant jolt of goodness retrieving your cards from the mail!
- Printed Holiday Cards
- A gallon zip lock bag
- Cotton balls or pads
- Your favorite essential oils! We recommend Christmas Spirit, Joy, Peppermint, Cinnamon Bark, Northern Lights Black Spruce, Orange or any combination!
Place a few drops of oil on a cotton ball or pad, oil side down in a zip lock bag. Add your cards to the bag and zip closed overnight.
DIY Oil Infused Bottle Brush Trees
Give your bottle brush trees a little something extra this year - infuse them with festive essential oils!
- Large pitcher or jar (big enough for your trees)
- Distilled water
- Witch hazel
- Oils of your choice! We love Believe, Christmas Spirit, Northern Lights Black Spruce, Winter Nights, Orange or Pine
- Bottle brush trees
Fill the jar or pitcher almost full of water and add a splash of witch hazel. Add about 20-30 drops of oil and stir with a silicone or metal spoon. Hold your tree upside down for about a minute in the water, then take it out and let it air dry!
Spiced Orange & Cranberry Garland
This is one of our favorite things to do every year. It is beautiful, smells amazing, adds a festive touch to any room and is so easy to make!
- About 5 oranges or a mix of oranges, clementines and grapefruit for varied sizes and colors
- Essential oils: Christmas Spirit, Cinnamon Bark, Vanilla, Clove, Believe, Thieves
- Fresh cranberries and cinnamon sticks
Slice your oranges in circles to ¼ to ½ inch in thickness and arrange them on a non-stick surface or parchment paper. Pour 2-3 drops of essential oils on each slice, then set them in a cool oven and turn the temperature onto the lowest setting your oven will allow. (If your oven does not go below 300, set it there and use a wooden spoon to prop the oven open slightly and allow some heat to dissipate.)
Leave the slices in the oven for about 5 hours, then shut the oven off and leave the oranges in there overnight or until completely cool. They will be fairly dry, but will continue to dry out over time. You don’t want to over dry them in the oven because they can start to burn!
Once they are dry, string them with some twine, alternating with a few varying sized slices and a cranberry or two, a tied cinnamon stick, whatever you like! Hang them in your home for some delicious smelling holiday cheer!
Bath & Body Works Winter Candle Dupes
It’s not just visible decorations that evoke warm, welcoming winter feelings, it’s the scents as well - cinnamon, spruce, orange, and spice. We ditched the toxic candles for oils years ago, so here are our top 10 candle-inspired favorites!
Diffuser Blends for Gatherings
It's the season of gatherings and get togethers, so fill your diffusers with any of these blends to create a warm and inviting atmosphere for guests!
- Mulled Cider: 4 Christmas Spirit + 2 Grapefruit + 2 Clove + 3 Bergamot
- Fresh Balsam: 4 Idaho Balsam Fir + 3 Cedarwood + 2 Eucalyptus
- Frosted Cranberry: 4 Cinnamon Bark + 4 Stress Away + 3 Ylang Ylang
- Twisted Peppermint: 4 Peppermint + 3 Idaho Balsam Fir + 3 Vanilla
- Marshmallow Fireside: 4 Stress Away + 2 Clove + 2 Nutmeg + 2 Lemon + 2 Peppermint
- Tree Farm: 3 Northern Lights Black Spruce + 4 Idaho Blue Spruce + 2 Pine + 3 Bergamot
- Tis the Season: 4 Frankincense + 3 Cinnamon Bark + 3 Orange
- Fireside: 4 Patchouli + 2 Tangerine + 3 Vetiver + 2 Orange
- Candy Apple Fruitcake: 4 Christmas Spirit + 3 Orange + 2 Peppermint + 3 Vanilla
- Warm Welcome: 2 drops each Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Orange, Clove, Cinnamon Bark
- Powder Room: 5 drops Bergamot + 2 drops Orange + 2 drops Nutmeg + 1 drop Clove
- Fireside Chats: 4 drops Ylang Ylang + 4 drops Vetiver + 2 drops Cinnamon Bark
- Around the Table: 4 drops Joy + 4 drops Orange + 2 drops Cinnamon Bark
- Grandma’s Kitchen: 4 drops Christmas Spirit + 4 drops Lemon + 2 drops Stress Away
- Goodbye Hug: 4 drops Lavender + 4 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce + 2 drops Orange
Christmas Movie Diffuser Blends
- Colder weather and cozy homes are the perfect thing for curling up by the fire with your favorite movie. Try one of these holiday movie inspired blends!
- Elf: Vanilla, Orange, Peppermint
- It’s a Wonderful Life: Frankincense, Joy
- Miracle on 34th Street: Idaho Blue Spruce, Cinnamon Bark, Orange, Vanilla
- The Polar Express: Peppermint, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon
- Charlie Brown Christmas:Wintergreen, Cinnamon Bark, Vanilla, Orange
- Christmas Vacation: Stress Away, Peppermint, Vanilla
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas:Peppermint, Spearmint, Vanilla
- Home Alone: Clove, Vanilla, Cardamom, Orange
- Love Actually: Joy, Bergamot, Orange
- The Holiday: Christmas Spirit, Vanilla
- The Family Stone: Frankincense, Peppermint, Vanilla
How about a few happiest holiday rollerball recipes?! Make these for yourself and make a few for some friends. Take a minute to make up some rollerballs so that you have them on hand when you need them! All recipes are for a 10mL roller bottle. Add essential oils and top with a carrier oil! Option to up the drops of oil for a stronger scent.
- Gather Roller (a great perfume for gatherings + sharing with friends):10 drops Lavender, 8 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce, 7 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark
- All is Calm Roller (great for a peaceful night of sleep! Roll onto temples & wrists): 10 drops each Lavender, Vanilla, Valor
- Joy to the World Roller (wear this as perfume on your neck or wrists to combat the hustle & bustle of the season): 10 drops each Joy, Tangerine, White Angelica + 5 drops Vanilla
- Do You Believe Roller (a lovely, festive perfume blend that supports all the emotions this time of year can bring): 15 drops Believe, 10 drops each Idaho Grand Fir, Lavender, Tangerine.
- Winter Wellness Roller (stay well this holiday season, roll this on spines and bottoms of feet daily):15 drops each Thieves, Lemon, Frankincense + 10 drops Oregano or ImmuPower
- Planes, Trains & Automobiles Roller (this roller is your best friend if the motion of travel makes your belly dance!): 15 drops each Peppermint, Spearmint, Eucalyptus Radiata.
- Easy on the Eggnog Roller (upset tummies from too much sugar around the holidays? roll this one right on around the belly button!):15 drops each DiGize, Peppermint, Lemon
- Son of a Nutcracker Roller (too much wine at the holiday party last night? roll this on your temples and back of neck!): 15 drops M-Grain, 10 drops each Peppermint, Panway, 1 dropperful CBD Drops.
Whether you are hosting family and friends, having a night at home with your family or just want a little something fun and festive in yoru day, try out these delicious food and drink recipes!
This might be the simplest essential oil recipe ever... Just add 4-5 drops of Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil to your mix (or from scratch recipe!) after you add the wet ingredients and bake as directed.
Once cooled - use your favorite holiday cookie cutters to create fun shapes. Optional to top with a layer of chocolate frosting (with or without a few drops of Peppermint Vitality) or powdered sugar. These are fun to make for parties, neighbors or just because!
- 2 cups strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- ¼ cup cacao powder (you can also use 2T cocoa powder + 3 oz dark chocolate chopped)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey
- 3-4 drops Peppermint Vitality
Pour milk into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Whisk in the cacao powder (or whatever chocolate you’re using) and the maple syrup. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes, whisking as needed until smooth.
Remove from the heat and when slightly cooled add 2 drops of Peppermint Vitality (the flavor is bold, so start with 2 drops and add more if you want!) Place the peppermint cocoa mixture and the coffee in a Vitamix or other high-powered blender (or use a handheld frother), and blend on medium speed for 30 seconds until frothy. Divide into 4 mugs, top with whipped cream, marshmallows, or both!
- Chai Tea Bag & water to prepare it
- ½ cup eggnog
- 1 drop Nutmeg Vitality
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality
- Ground Cinnamon
Prepare Chai Tea according to directions. Heat eggnog on the stove or in the microwave until it's hot to your liking. Once the tea is prepared the eggnog is heated, combine in a mug and let cool slightly, then add a drop of Nutmeg Vitality. Use a hand-held frother, blender or electric milk frother to combine. This serves one, so you can double or triple if you need to, top with a sprinkle of Ground Cinnamon and enjoy! You could easily make this with coffee and can add sweetener to taste like honey or maple syrup if you want.
Homemade Hot Cocoa
’Tis the season for Jack Frost nipping at your nose! Wind down and warm up with your favorite mug brimming with homemade hot chocolate. You can add any Vitality oil to your recipe, but these three are our favorites - Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa, Lavender Hot Cocoa, and Peppermint Hot Cocoa! Or whip up some Mexican Hot Cocoa for a festive twist!
Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa
- 4 cups milk of your choice
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Clove Vitality essential oil
Lavender Hot Cocoa
- 4 cups milk of choice
- 8 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp honey, or more to taste
- 4 drops Lavender Vitality essential oil
Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- 4 cups milk of your choice
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp honey, or more to taste
- 2 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil
Champurrado Mexican Hot Cocoa
- 4 cups milk of your choice
- ½ cup honey or agave
- 2 Mexican chocolate tablets
- ¾ cups masa harina (corn flour)
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 2 drops Orange Vitality essential oil
For all recipes… Heat all ingredients, except the oils, in a pot over the stove, until just hot. Don't boil. Remove from heat, add the essential oils and stir to combine. Serve in your most festive mugs and top with whipped cream, marshmallows, a candy cane, or all of the above!!
If you’re having a party this season, these mocktail recipes are sure to impress! Family and guests will be so smitten with their look and taste that they won’t even miss the alcohol!
NingXia Red Rosemary Mule
- 2 ounces NingXia Red
- 6 ounces ginger beer
- 1 drop Rosemary Vitality
- Rosemary sprig
Pour all ingredients into a copper mug full of crushed ice. Stir well to mix and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
- Lemon wedges
- Sea salt
- 6 ounces tomato juice
- 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality
- Toothpick swirl of Lime Vitality
- Toothpick swirl of Celery Seed Vitality
- Toothpick swirl of Lemon Vitality
- 1 drop hot sauce
- Celery stick (optional)
*The toothpick method allows you to get a more subtle flavor with the Vitality oils. Simply dip a toothpick in the oil and swirl through your ingredients.
Salt the rim of a highball or old-fashioned glass. Fill with ice and set aside.Squeeze a lemon wedge into a shaker and drop it in. Add tomato juice, Vitality oils, a dash of hot sauce to taste, and ice to the shaker. Shake gently to mix. Strain into prepared glass and garnish with celery or your favorite Bloody Mary toppings.
- Mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 drop Peppermint Vitality
- 1 drop Lime Vitality
- Splash of cranberry juice
- 1 can NingXia Zyng
- Fresh cranberries
- Lime wedges
In a tall, sturdy glass, place a few mint leaves, the sweetener, a squeeze of lime, Peppermint Vitality, and Lime Vitality. Use a muddler to crush the leaves & combine the flavors. Add ice to the glass. Pour a splash of cranberry juice and stir. Fill glass to the top with NingXia Zyng. Garnish with cranberries, more mint leaves, and a lime wedge.
NingXia Red Punch
- 1 bottle NingXia Red
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup honey or simple syrup
- Sliced apples
- Pomegranate seeds
- Cinnamon sticks
In a punch bowl, pour NingXia Red, apple cider, pomegranate juice, and honey. Add fruit and cinnamon sticks. Mix well. Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to serve. The longer the fruit soaks in the liquid, the more the flavors will combine. Serve in short glasses garnished with more apple slices, pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon stick stirrers.
Spiced Cinnamon Cider
A steaming mug of cider is the perfect remedy to cold, wintry days. Serve it after a day of sledding or an evening of caroling to warm up guests from the inside out.
- 8 cups apple juice or cider
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 9 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality
- 6 drops Cardamom Vitality
- 4 drops Clove Vitality
- 4 drops Nutmeg Vitality
- 3 drops Citrus Fresh Vitality
- Sliced oranges
- Cinnamon sticks
Add all ingredients to a large pot and stir to combine. Heat until simmering. Simmer for 30 minutes. Serve warm in a mug. Garnish with sliced oranges and cinnamon sticks.
Our favorite gift ideas for everyone on the nice list! These also make great stocking stuffers or small gifts for neighbors, teachers, hosts, etc. Pro Tip: Buy a 3 pack of foaming hand soap, the Under the Mistletoe Lip Balm Set, or the Sweet Maple Bath Bomb set to save money and time! Three gifts in one when you separate the sets!
For more gift ideas check out the ‘Holiday Gift Guide’ resource!
- Lavender Essential Oil + Eyelash Curler
- Lime Vitality + Cocktail Shaker
- Peppermint Vitality + Coffee Mug +/- Homemade Powdered Cocoa Mix
- Gentle Baby + Swaddle Blanket
- Purification Essential Oil Blend + Wool Dryer Balls
- Cinnamon Bark + Festive Tea Towel
- Thieves Essential Oil Blend + Loose Leaf Tea
- Rosemary Vitality + Olive Oil +/- Measuring Cups or Spoons
- Lemon Vitality + Glass Water Bottle
- Peppermint Essential Oil + Cork Yoga Mat
- Stress Away Roll-on + Good Book or Movie
- Joy Essential Oil Blend + Diffuser Jewelry
- Christmas Spirit Essential Oil Blend + Ornament
- Winter Nights or Christmas Spirit Foaming Hand Soap + Festive Hand Towel
- Sweet Maple Bath Bomb + Cozy Socks or Slippers +/- Lip Balm
- Lip Balm + Beanie or Headband
Whether your kiddos are coming out of school for a few weeks or you just want some simple, fun activities for the season, here are some of our favorite festive crafts to do together this season!
Clay Leaf Dish
This simple craft gets everyone outdoors and can even be a school project with just a little imagination! It makes a lovely oil tray or a handmade gift.
- Air dry clay
- Craft paper
- Rolling pin
- Craft paint (we like the metallic colors!) + brushes
- Modge Podge gloss or other sealer
- Various leaves from your yard
Cut out a piece of air dry clay, then roll it out onto craft paper to about 1/2 inch thick, making sure your leaf will fit. Then, press your leaf (vein side down) onto the clay. Remove the leaf from the clay, and cut around the outline with a knife, then remove the excess clay from around your imprint.
Go around the perimeter of the leaf and gently press the sides up and in to create a small edge. Allow the clay to air dry and harden on a baking rack for 24 hours.
Paint! Once the paint is dry, cover with a coat of Modge Podge gloss, then dry for 24 hours. After the sealer is dry, have your children sign the back and write the year.
Essential Oil Infused Play Dough
This is a fun one to get your children to make with you OR to make and surprise them with after school!
- 2 cups flour (can use gluten-free if desired)
- 1 cup salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 cups cold water
- 5 drops essential oil: Lavender, Peace & Calming, Tangerine, Believe
- Natural food coloring, optional
Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil, and water in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the dough has reached the right consistency.
Let cool, split into 3 balls, and knead in essential oils and optional food coloring until it is distributed evenly throughout each ball of playdough. Store in airtight container.
We hope you enjoyed this Holiday Handbook. May your days be merry and bright!!